|Pinellas Park became a city in 1914. Before that
there were land opportunities to purchase 10 acre farms costing $200.00 and a
town lot for $150.00. In the area, there were three model farms created for the
purpose of raising sugar cane. Between 1910 and 1912 the Florida Association
sold 111 farms and lots. Pinellas Park and the farms were located on the
Atlantic Coast Railroad. Many people bought here and came but when they arrived
at Pinellas Park they found the conditions to be primitive. They sold and moved
on to St Petersburg. Pinellas Park Realty
first community church was a Presbyterian Church. The first Post Office was
opened in 1910 and was located in the hardware store. The first post office
building still stands and now it houses a taxi stand.
Park bought it first fire truck in 1912 and it was manned by Volunteers. The
fire alarm was sounded by ringing a bell that was mounted over the fire house.
The volunteers would answer by ringing the fire bells on their horses as they
charged the fire house. Pinellas Park Property Listings
oldest building in Pinellas Park stands today. In years past it was the Royal
Palm Hotel, today it houses the Beaux Art Theater. The property is still in the
hands of the Reese family and it is presently owned by Bruce Reese.
Pinellas Park Realestate
Park has interesting history, so come enjoy it! Homes
for Sale in Pinellas Park